POST DATE: 06 MARCH 2021
ADVERTISEMENT NO.: 04/2021-CSP
INTRODUCTION OF POST AND DEPARTMENT
Union Public Service Commission has issued an advertisement for an examination for the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2021, in which both males and females can apply. Interested candidates can check the eligibility criteria and then apply for the examination through online mode only. All the necessary links for filling the form are given below. Candidates are advised to carefully read the full advertisement first, before applying.
Online Application Begin: 04/03/2021
Last Date to Online Apply: 24/03/2021- 6:00 PM
Fee Submission Last Date: 24/03/2021
Date of Examination: 27/06/2021
Online Application Withdraw Date: 24/11/2020 to 30/11/2020
General/ EWS/OBC : 200/-
SC / ST/ PwD/ WOMEN: NA
Candidates can pay the fees for the exam by submitting the money in any branch of the SBI in cash or by using the net banking facility of the SBI or by using a visa/master credit/debit card.
Application who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system-generated Pay-in slip during Registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only.
NOTE: Pay by Cash mode option will be deactivated at 11.59 PM on 23rd MARCH 2021 i.e. one the day before the closing date.
Minimum: 21 years
Maximum: 32 years
The candidate should have attained the maximum age limit before 1 August 2021.
Relaxation for some categories as suggested by the official notice issued by UPSC.
- The candidate must have a Degree in any discipline from a government-recognized university or institute.
- Candidates in the last year of their degree can also apply, however, at the time of the Main examination, they need to produce proof of successfully passing the qualifying examination of the degree.
NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS
|NO. OF ATTEMPTS||06||Unlimited||09||09 for General/EWS/OBC
Unlimited for SC/ST
- Candidate appearing in anyone the examination (Preliminary or Main) will be considered to take an attempt at Civil Services Examination.
Total Vacancies: 712
|S.NO.||RESERVED FOR PwBD||VACANCIES|
|1.||Blindness and low vision||05|
|2.||Deaf and hard of hearing||06|
SERVICES AND POSTS
According to the official notice issued by the UPSC, below is the list of Services and Posts on which the recruitment process will take place:
(i) Indian Administrative Service
(ii) Indian Foreign Service
(iii) Indian Police Service
(iv) Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
(v) Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
(vi) Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’
(vii) Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
(viii) Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
(ix) Indian Information Service, Junior Grade Group ‘A’
(x) Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
(xi) Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service, Group ‘A’
(xii) Indian Railway Protection Force Service, Group ‘A’
(xiii) Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Indirect Taxes) Group ‘A’
(xiv) Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax) Group ‘A’
(xv) Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Grade III)
(xvi) Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
(xvii) Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar
Haveli Civil Service (DANICS), Group ‘B’
(xviii) Delhi, Andaman, and the Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service (DANIPS), Group ‘B’
(xix) Pondicherry Civil Service (PONDICS), Group ‘B’
- The Competitive examination comprises:
(a) Preliminary Examination (Objective Type).
(b) Main Examination (Written) and Interview for intelligence and personality test.
- There will be a penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
The scheme of a selection of candidates is as follows:
- The preliminary exam will consist of only 2 papers, based on the subject chosen by the candidate.
- Both the papers in total will consist of a maximum of 400 marks, 200 marks for each paper.
- This examination will be a screening test, in which the candidates will be shortlisted for the Main Examination.
- Each question will carry 1 mark and for every wrong answer, 0.33 marks will be deducted.
|1.||Paper – I||2 hrs||200|
|2.||General Studies Paper-II||2 hrs||200|
- Only those candidates qualifying for the Preliminary examination will be able to give the Main Examination.
- This examination will be subjective.
Scheme of Examination
|S.NO.||QUALIFYING PAPERS||SUBJECT||MAX. MARKS|
|1.||Paper- A||One of the Indian Language (Selected by the candidate)||300|
|2.||Paper – B||English||300|
- These papers will be of qualifying nature and marks obtained in these papers will not be counted for ranking.
- The candidate needs to attain at least 25% marks in each of the above-mentioned language papers in order to become eligible to give papers that will be counted for merit preparation (given below).
Papers to be Counted for Merit
|2.||Paper-II||General Studies- I||250|
|3.||Paper- III||General Studies- II||250|
|4.||Paper- IV||General Studies- III||250|
|5,||Paper- V||General Studies- IV||250|
|6.||Paper- VI||Optional Subject- I||250|
|7.||Paper- VII||Optional Subject- II||250|
- Marks obtained by candidates in paper I-VII will be counted for final merit list preparation.
INTERVIEW (PERSONALITY TEST)
- The candidate qualifying in Main Examination will be interviewed by a Board of competent and unbiased observers who will have before them a record of his/her career.
- The interview will be a total of 275 marks.
Applications must be accompanied by self-attested copies of the under-mentioned documents. A candidate who fails to produce any of the required documents according to their claims made during application will not be allowed to give the interview.
- The printout of the online application.
- 10th Standard or equivalent certificate, or mark sheet of 10th Standard or equivalent issued by Central/State Board indicating Date of Birth in support of their claim of age.
- Degree certificate along with mark sheets pertaining to all the academic years as proof of educational qualification claimed.
- Order/ letter in respect of equivalent Educational Qualifications claimed.
- Caste certificate by candidate seeking reservation as SC/ ST/ OBC.
- A declaration in the prescribed format by a candidate seeking reservation as OBC, that he/she does not belong to the creamy layer on the crucial date, in addition to the community certificate (OBC).
- Physically Handicapped certificate in prescribed proforma.
HOW TO FILL APPLICATION FORM
- Candidates applying for the Civil Service Exam 2021 are requested to apply only Online on the website (link is given below0).
- Candidates are required to upload the pdf file of the documents in support of the claim they made for Educational Qualifications, desirable qualifications, Date of Birth, Equivalent qualifications.
- Candidates also need to upload the category certificate for their claim of their category.
- Candidates are required to give correct and working e-mail of theirs, as all the correspondence will be made through e-mail only during the selection process.
- After submitting the Online Application, the candidates are required to take out a printout of the finally submitted Online Application.
- Candidates shortlisted for interview on the basis of the information provided in the online applications submitted by them will be required to carry self-attested copies of documents/relevant certificates in support of the claims made in the application as and when demanded by the Commission.
|UPSC CIVIL SERVICES EXAM SYLLABUS (from page 30)||DOWNLOAD|