What is a PAN Card? How to apply for PAN card Online?
PAN Stands for Permanent Account Number. PAN is a ten Digit Alphanumeric (Number along with alphabets) number which is issued by the Income Tax department of India to all taxpayers. A PAN number is unique for each individual. PAN Card is a plastic card that contains your PAN number and other information like your date of birth, name, father’s name, signature, and photograph. PAN card is used in a number of places as your Photo Identity Proof, like in Passport making, bank account opening in any government or private bank, etc. One can apply for PAN card online as well as offline.
What are the Documents required to apply for PAN card?
If you are an individual and applying for PAN CARD you need:-
- Proof of date of birth
- Proof of identity
- Proof of address
Here is the list of all the documents required for applying for PAN CARD (link is given below).
What is the Validity Period of PAN Card?
Permanent Account Number is a number given by the income tax department of India and is unique to every individual thus, the validity of PAN Card is lifetime. One need not get renewed his/her PAN card after a certain time period of validity, once made it will remain valid for a whole life.
What is the Eligibility to apply for PAN Card?
Any Individuals, Companies, Non-Residents or residents of Indians, or anyone who is liable to pay tax in India requires to possess a PAN Card. All existing taxpayers or persons who are required to file a return of income, even on behalf of others, must have a PAN. Any person, who intends to enter into economic or financial transactions where quoting PAN is mandatory, must also have a PAN.
What are the Types of PAN Card?
Types of PAN cards vary based on the taxpayer for whom it is made.
- PAN card for Individual taxpayers
- PAN cards for Trusts and cooperative societies
- PAN cards for partnership firms or business units
- PAN cards for the Body of individual
- PAN card for Local Authority
- PAN Card for artificial undivided family
- PAN card for government
- PAN Card for a Company or organization
How to apply for PAN Card Online?
There are two ways, online and offline to apply for a PAN card. These are as follows:
1) Online Application – An online application can be made from the website of UTIITSL or NSDL.
2) Through PAN Application Center – Application for PAN can be submitted at the PAN Application center (a) NSDL (b) UTITSL
Steps to apply for PAN Card Online
These are the following steps to apply for PAN Card online through the official application portal:
- Visit the Official website of NSDL
- Now, you have to select the application type New PAN -Indian citizen, New PAN Foreign Citizen, Changes or Correction in existing PAN card data.
- Select Category if you are individual, association of persons, body of individuals, company, trust, etc.
- Fill Rest of the details like title Name, Date of birth, email address, Mobile Number and click on submit button.
- After submitting the form, a screen will display, click on ‘continue with PAN Application Form’ button.
- After clicking on the button, it will redirect you to a new page now, you have to fill in your e-KYC details click on next.
- Now enter your personal details click on next.
- Enter your Contact and other details click on next.
- Enter your AO type, area code, range code, AO number click on next.
- Now, Submit your document Like Proof of identity, Proof of Address, Proof of Date of birth. And fill a small declaration form. Click on submit button.
- Now check all the details that you have filled and correct them if any changes required and click on proceed button.
- You will be redirected to the payment gateway. You can make a payment either by demand draft or by online payment such as debit card, credit card or net banking.
- After completing the payment, you will get the acknowledgement form along with 16-digit acknowledgement slip.
- Print the acknowledge form and attach 2 passport size photographs along with the sign in the space provided in the acknowledgement form.
- Enclose all the documents (self-attested) mentioned in the form along with the Demand draft (if payment was not done online) and the acknowledgment form.
- Post the envelope containing all these documents to the NSDL address mentioned below-
Income Tax PAN Services Unit,
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341,
Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony,
Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016
Note: Don’t forget to label the envelope as ‘APPLICATION FOR PAN— N-Acknowledgement Number’. You will receive an email on receipt of application.
YOu can also check: How to Apply for Voter ID card Online?
|Apply Online For PAN Card||APPLY|
|Download List of Documents for PAN Card||DOWNLOAD|