What is Aadhar? How to update Aadhar card Online?
Aadhaar is a verifiable 12-digit identification number issued by UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) to the resident of India free of cost. It is an identity of citizens of India that is unique for every resident or citizen.
When information on Aadhar needs to be updated or changed?
- Changes in life events such as marriage may lead to residents changing their name and address.
- Address and the mobile number could also change due to migration to newer locations.
- Errors made during the enrollment process wherein the resident’s information might have filled incorrectly.
What information can be updated online?
Demographic details, such as:
- Date of Birth/Age
- E-mail Address
- Relationship status (That may change after marriage)
Only the list of demographic information mentioned can be changed by a resident by themselves online.
IMPORTANT: The mobile number is not updated online. To update your mobile number, you can visit the nearest Permanent Enrolment center.
Registered Mobile Number needed for updating Aadhar Card Online?
As the government mentioned on their website, a registered mobile number is essential to access Aadhaar Online Services. Registered mobile number is the phone number that is provided to the government at the time of enrolment for Aadhar.
If you have not registered your Mobile number while enrolling for Aadhaar, you are required to visit a Permanent Enrolment Centre to get it registered.
How to change Aadhar card address online and other details?
- For updating any information in Aadhar Card, POI (Proof of Identity), and POA (Proof of Address).
- Visit Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) for updating details that you need to update or change.
- The person is required to login into the SSUP portal with the Aadhar Number and Registered Mobile Number.
- Then the resident/person is authenticated using OTP on his/her registered mobile number.
- If the address is to change/ updated then to complete the update process, the resident needs to upload the supporting Proof of Address (POA) for the new address.
- Then after your update application submission, it will be verified against requested data at a later stage at UIDAI’s (Unique Identification Authority of India) Update back office by a verifier.
What to do when do not have address proof?
When you do not have your own permanent address and do not have any address proof, you can update Aadhar address to wherever you are presently living, with the agreement or consent and authentication of address verifier (the person in whose house you are living, it can be a family member, relative, friend, and landlord) who is willing to let you use their address as proof.
UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) will send an Address Validation Letter to the address and that letter can be used for online updates.
How to Submit supporting documents during the online Aadhar card update?
You will be required to upload originally scanned (with color scanner) copies of the POA (Proof of Address) or POI (Proof of Identity) document as per the Valid Documents List.
List of Valid Documents
|SSUP PORTAL (Online Information Update Portal)||VISIT|
Apply for the latest Government Jobs online:- mygovtservice