POST DATE: 13 AUGUST 2020
ADVERTISEMENT NO.: 11/2020-IES
INTRODUCTION OF POST AND DEPARTMENT
UPSC IES exam, Union Public Service Commission has issued an advertisement of an examination for the Indian Economic Service Examination, in which both males and females can apply. Interested candidates can check the eligibility criteria and then apply for the examination through online mode only. All the necessary links for filling the form are given below. Candidates are advised to carefully read the full advertisement first, before applying.
Online Application Begin: 11/08/2020
Last Date to Online Apply: 01/09/2020
Fee Submission Last Date: 31/08/2020
Application Withdrawl Date: 08/09/2020 to 14/09/2020
Date of Examination: 16/10/2020
Application Fee for UPSC IES Exam
General/ EWS/OBC : 200/-
SC / ST/ PwD/ WOMEN: NA
Candidates can pay the fees by submitting the money in any branch of the SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of the SBI or by using visa/master credit/debit card.
Application who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay-in slip during Registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only.
NOTE: Pay by Cash mode option will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 31.08.2020 i.e. one the day before the closing date.
Minimum: 21 years
Maximum: 30 years
Candidate should have attained the maximum age limit before 1 August 2020.
Relaxation for some categories as suggested by the official notice issued by UPSC.
QUALIFICATION of UPSC jobs
- Candidate must have obtained a Post-Graduate degree in Economics/ Applied- Economics/ Business Economics/ Econometrics from a government recognized institution/ University.
Total Vacancies: 15
Out of the total 15 vacancies, 1 is reserved for PwD candidates.
SCALE OF PAY
|RANK||GRADE PAY||SALARY (IN Rs.)|
|Junior Level (at the time of joining)||Rs. 5,400/-||15,600 – 39,100|
The scheme of a selection of candidates is as follows:
|1.||General English||3 hrs||100|
|2.||General Studies||3 hrs||100|
|3.||General Economics- I||3 hrs||200|
|4.||General Economics- II||3 hrs||200|
|5.||General Economics- III||3 hrs||200|
|6.||Indian Economics||3 hrs||200|
- The question papers in all subjects will be of Conventional (essay) type.
- ALL QUESTION PAPERS MUST BE ANSWERED IN ENGLISH; QUESTION PAPERS WILL BE SET IN ENGLISH ONLY.
- Candidates will be allowed the use of Scientific (Non-Programmable type)Calculators
in Descriptive Type Papers at the examination.
- The candidate will be interviewed by a Board of competent and unbiased observers who will have before them a record of his/her career.
- The interview is intended to supplement the written examination for testing the general and specialized knowledge and abilities for the candidate.
Applications must be accompanied by self-attested copies of the under-mentioned
documents. A candidate who fails to produce any of the required documents according to their claims made during application will not be allowed to give the interview.
- The printout of the online application.
- 10th Standard or equivalent certificate, or mark sheet of 10th Standard or equivalent issued by Central/State Board indicating Date of Birth in support of their claim of age.
- Degree certificate along with mark sheets pertaining to all the academic years as proof of educational qualification claimed.
- Order/ letter in respect of equivalent Educational Qualifications claimed.
- Caste certificate by candidate seeking reservation as SC/ ST/ OBC.
- A declaration in the prescribed format by candidate seeking reservation as OBC,
that he/she does not belong to the creamy layer on the crucial date, in addition to the
community certificate (OBC).
- Physically Handicapped certificate in prescribed proforma.
HOW TO fill the online application form
- Candidates are requested to apply only Online on the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
- Candidates are required to upload the pdf file of the documents in support of the claim they made for Educational Qualifications, desirable qualifications, Date of Birth, Equivalent qualifications.
- Candidates also need to upload the category certificate for their claim of their category.
- Candidates are required to give correct and working e-mail of theirs, as all the correspondence will be made through e-mail only during all the selection process.
- After submitting the Online Application, the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted Online Application. (UPSC exam)
- Candidates shortlisted for interview on the basis of the information provided in the online applications submitted by them will be required to carry self-attested copies of documents/relevant certificates in support of the claims made in the application as and when demanded by the Commission.